Sunday, April 15, 2012

Flying Kitten

OK, before our guest pastor started the sermon this morning in church, he told this story.  When he finished, the entire church was roaring with laughter. =)
so without further ado, I give you the story:

Power of Prayer (the flying kitten part will  make sense later I promise).

One day a pastor discovered that his kitten had climbed up a tree and was too afraid to climb back down.  He tried to coax the kitten, down from the tree with cream, and he tried to climb up into the tree and retrieve the kitten, but to no avail.  Finally, he thought that if  he tied a rope to his car, and then tied the other end to the tree, that he might be able to bend the tree far enough down, so that he could reach the kitten.  After both ends of the rope were tied, he got into his car and started to slowly drive forward, bending the tree down inch by inch.  Just when the tree was at the height that he could reach the kitten, the rope snapped, the whipped back, and the poor kitten went sailing through the air, and out of sight.  Feeling bad for the kitten, he searched the neighborhood fervently, and asked some of the neighbors if they had seen a small kitten go sailing by, but the kitten was no where to be found.  After praying for the kitten's well being, he went back to business as usual.  A few days later, when the pastor was at the grocery store, he saw one of the members of his church who was also one of his neighbors.  He watched in perplexity as she put a bag of cat food into her shopping cart, because everybody knew that she HATED cats.   Confused, he asked her why she was buying cat food.
I do not own this image
     She replied "Pastor, you're never going to believe what happened.  My six-year-old daughter has been begging me for a cat, and every time she asks me, I say no.  Well, a few days ago, my daughter asked me again if we could get a kitten, this time I told her that we could only get a kitten, if God gave us one.  After I said this to my daughter, she went out into the driveway, got down on her knees, and began to fervently pray for a kitten from God.  I was watching her from the living room window.  And, your just never going to believe this pastor, but I saw it with my own eyes.  Flying down from the heavens came a kitten with his paws outstretched and landed it in my daughters arms.  So, I really couldn't protest when my daughter asked if she could keep it."

God Bless!  Hope you enjoyed the story.

2 comments: