Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ukraine Trip Part 4- I saw a monk//I fell off a wooly mammoth//The longest post ever(with the longest title)

I did, I saw a monk as we drove past a monastery.  Sorry, I have not updated in a while.  My cold is getting better; I just have a little cough now.  We have been so busy the past few days;  I have been having a lot of fun, but I will be happy when we slow down. Thursday we drove to Kiev (which is the capitol of Ukraine) and got an apartment, then we walked around town.  All around Kiev are these underground malls( because of the large streets you can't cross them so you cross underground and all along the sides are small shops [I know this is hard to picture, but I will upload a picture of the underground mall when I get home). A lot of these underground crossings are connected to each other.  One strip of the underground mall is completely full with flower shops.  It smelled so good down there.  Anyway we walked around, found a cute little buffet in the mall, and ate.  I had borsch, which is a Eastern-European soup.  It was really good.  Then we went up above ground and walked around and we found these cool toys that light up and you can launch them in the air, and they fly. My dad bought one for all the kids, they are really fun to launch :D.
    At night, the entire city of Kiev lights up;  there are lots of christmas type lights on all the buildings, it really is beautiful.
   On Friday we moved to a different apartment that was bigger (because we have 6 people and our last apartment was really small) Then we went to a REALLY good pizza and sushi restaurant. Mom, dad and I shared a pizza with ham, pineapple, and corn (yes, they put corn on the pizza it actually wasn't that bad.  and  on one of the pizza's they put grapes :/ we didn't get that one though)  The rest of the day we just walked around, went to the market; then we came home made spaghetti, and watched Cars 2.
   Saturday we went to the zoo which, was really cool.  We had to take the metro (the subway) to the zoo and that was my first time on a subway; it was really cool. When the metro started accelerating for the first time I almost fell over, because they go really fast :P
The zoo was pretty nice, it was definitly different from the zoos in the U.S. though.  They had bison at the zoo, and they were HUGE! I thought it was neat to see the bison at the zoo, because we don't have those at our zoo.  I really want to ride a bison now, because they look awesome... but they smell.... OK sorry, yeah, I am the only person who can start rambling about bison and how awesome they are :P  Also, at the zoo they have these tall statues of animals and cool rock towers that you can climb.  So I was climbing on the wooly mammoth statue and I made it onto its back, but when I jumped off I didn't jump out far enough and I really hurt my leg.  haha I am so not graceful. After that, we went to a cute cafe for dinner. They played a lot of owl city music, it was kinda funny to hear Owl City in a Ukraine restaurant. Then, we rode the metro home and watched UP.  Wow, I have been rambling for like five paragraphs now, sorry.  Any way I will close in saying that all of the kids are doing well, and really so far we have been having a good transition.
// // // // // // // // // // // // // // // /// // // // // // // // // //
Ok, because I rambled for so long I decided to add on a little pinterest post.
all photos via


 I love butterflies.
What if you rolled out of bed and drowned?

This is me ^ just ask any of my friends.



O_O




I would love to stay at this hotel, but it looks cold.



My orthodontist does this...:P

Unfortunately, this is VERY true.

:(


hehe All the time...


// // // // // // // // // // // // // // // /// // // // // // // //
Ok, thank you all for reading the longest rambling post i have ever done. AND also thank you all for following because I just hit 50 FOLLOWERS!  yay I am so excited! ;)
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I really like your blog. I think it's very funny. Two things: My name is Laura, and I'm in 4-H, too!(and I also live on a farm!):-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, and cute blog! I love all of the pics in this post!

    Check out my newest posts on my blog! Im currently working with several Etsy shops to get discounts (and free stuff) for my followers! Follow me and Ill follow you back!

    Haylee
    Daretobeglamorous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete